SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 11 December 2017

WINTER IS COMING (Part 1. The Aviator)

Part 1. The Aviator

Hi All,

This is my second blog post (yay) and I’m excited to share with you all, a little bit of what I’ve been up to these past couple weeks, aside from listening to Mariah Carey on repeat and trying not to break any bones hobbling around in this fun, festive weather. I am however incredibly relieved to say that I did not have to shoot my first outfit post in these conditions but if it were snowing, how appropriate would that have been, considering this is part 1 of the OFFICIAL WINTER COAT GUIDE to my favourite and must have outerwear pieces to keep you snug and stylish all season through. In my next few posts I’m going to talk you through my top 3 essential coat styles that are an investment must-have this year, how I style them day to day and how you can get the most for your money when layering up through these cold winter months.

No.1

The Shearling Aviator (aka. Your winter boyfriend)

The Aviator, known for it’s historic relevance, has come a long way since the 1930’s and once a practical attire for the American pilot, this style of coat is now prominently the street style staple of the past few years and I’m certain it won’t be disappearing on us any day soon.

Despite it’s functional properties (so snuggly), the aviator is flying off the shelves and I am obsessed. In 2010, Burberry’s ‘Cadet Girls’ Collection transformed the aviator from a masculine workplace piece to a completely accessible and must have accessory in any women’s wardrobe, and just look at it now. This year, Zara are still selling their most famous oversized aviators regardless of it being the coat of the season in 2016, and now retailers everywhere are joining to craze by producing the aviator in 1,00000000 different colours, sizes and price points.

Style and practicality come hand in hand with this one and that’s exactly what I found when finding this amazing Monki coat via Asos.



This Shearling Aviator set me back £95 on Asos, however I purchased it in the Black Friday Sale with 20% discount. You can find it online HERE 



Normally, I refrain from spending a lot of money on one item of clothing and I’m incredibly bargain driven, however, when it comes to outerwear, I don’t think an occasional money splurge is a problem, considering with classic styles such as the aviator, you’re bound to wear it year after year.

I dreamt about buying this coat for weeks when I had seen it bouncing around my insta feed on fashion bloggers, and with the intention of buying an aviator dissimilar to everyone else’s, I hit the jackpot with this piece. It’s warm, practical, great quality and is such an amazing statement piece for the winter. I firmly believe, as long as you have a great few coats this time of year, you can absolutely nail the fashion side of things as your coat or jacket is the key factor of your outfit and the rest simply follows.





I paired this coat with some frayed crop jeans I bought in the Zara sale for £5 and a leopard print dress (tucked in) that I purchased from Nasty Gal on Black Friday for £8.40. I’m wearing my high top SK8 style Vans with this outfit as I think they are the perfect addition to any casual outfit this season (I live in them) however this coat is incredibly versatile and dressing it up would be no problem. Just pair your aviator with your favourite pair of black jeans, bodysuit/top and boot heels for a winter friendly outfit for your Friday night drinks with the girls or date night to nail that super chic snug OOTD look.

That’s all from me tonight folks but stay tuned because I’ll be continuing my Official Winter Coat Guide soon and also talking you through how I stay money savvy when building my winter wardrobe.

Thank you for reading and come back soon


Em  x

Quick Links

  • Monki Aviator - Here
  • Leopard Print Dress - Here
  • High Top Vans - Here
  • Beanie - Old H&M
  • Jeans - Old from Zara Sale
  • Bag from LOTD (sold out but check the site out for other fab pieces)

Post a Comment