SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 17 December 2017

WINTER IS COMING (Part 2. The Puffer)

Part 2. The Puffer

Hello and Happy Holidays Readers

Finally got round to writing up my third blog post and part 2 to my Winter Coat Guide. Here it is in all it's glory, The Puffer Jacket.


Replacing last season’s bomber as the infamous outerwear go-to, the puffer jacket is dominating the high street and is welcomed with open arms for it’s practicality and style. I myself have never been one for the athleisure look and for most of my teen and young adult years avoided wearing anything that wasn’t black or grey. I have always been a fan of the All Saint’s Grunge look and was convinced I’d live out my days in the same black heel boots and leather jacket combo. However, since beginning my career as a stylist and putting together looks every single day, my taste has altered and I’m happy to say I’m exploring new styles and making bolder outfit choices every day. Now don’t get me wrong, I am still utterly obsessed with Dr Martens and will not go out on the weekend without my trusty leather jacket, but I now whole heartedly welcome colour into my life and make it my mission when I walk into a shop, to hunt down the most crazy, textured, colourful piece of clothing I can get my hands on.

Two trends I am allllll over this season are stripes and anything red. The colour of the season has dominated my wardrobe the past few months, whether it be a simple cross body bag, a red leather skirt I picked up from a vintage store or my tassel earrings, I am living for this colour and don’t think I’ll be straying away from my love for it any time soon.



So what would be better then to brighten up those winter months with a statement coat that mixes functionality and style? This Puffer Jacket from Urban Outfitters does just that, and with it’s bold colour and cord fabric, UO have taken a simple jacket style from Sports to Chic without compromising the element of warmth that we are definitely needing in the UK this month. 

Now unfortunately UO are out of stock of this particular puffer however i'll leave some links at the end of this post for similar styles and other puffers i am loving this season. 



I’ve paired this jacket with my stripe trousers I purchased from Nasty Gal in the Black Friday Sale, a plain old t-shirt and my Adidas Reflective Superstars I bought a couple of years ago. I absolutely adore wearing trousers at the moment and particularly enjoy purchasing any trousers that stand out from a mile away. Stripe trousers are your best friend if you’re on the shorter side and want to accentuate your legs. I’m not the smallest gal but I just LAVVV crazy trousers and this season the shops seem to be making my life difficult and my bank account worse off with their trouser antics. Printed or striped trousers can completely transform your outfit and are perfect if you’re feeling a little lazy with you style on a Monday morning. I like to wear my printed trousers with plain black tops and any of my plain outerwear pieces for a bold look that doesn’t scream “I got dressed in the dark” but still allows you to be a bit wild.







Christmas is approaching and there is no doubt in my mind I’ll be getting lost in the boxing day sales trying to hunt down more unnecessary trousers and pieces I’ve had my eye on for the past couple of months. (S/O to my lovely boyfriend who waited in the Zara queue last year for 45 minutes with me just so I could buy tons of amazing stuff in the hustle and bustle that is boxing day.)

Anyway, I’m going to hibernate for the rest of my Sunday and eat my weight in chocolate but keep your eye peeled for my last instalment of my Winter Coat Guide that’ll be going live later this week.

Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a great week!

Em x

Useful Links

Cord UO Puffer in Sand Colour - Here
Alternative UO Red Puffer - Here
House Of Sunny Puffer - Here
Monki Puffer - Here
Mango Puffer - Here

Post a Comment